The Citizens Advice service is made up of Citizens Advice – the national charity – and a network of around 300 local Citizens Advice members.
This role sits our network of independent charities, delivering services from:
- over 600 local Citizens Advice outlets
- over 1,800 community centres, GPs’ surgeries and prisons
They do this with:
- 6,500 local staff
- over 23,000 trained volunteers
Our reach means 99% of people in England and Wales can access a local Citizens Advice within a 30-minute drive of where they live.
We’re inventive. We’re not afraid of trying new things and learn by getting things wrong. We question every idea to make it better and we change when things aren’t working.
We’re generous. We work together, sharing knowledge and experience to solve problems. We tell it like it is and respect everyone.
We’re responsible. We do what we say we’ll do and keep our promises. We remember that we work for a charity and use our resources effectively.
Our aims, principles and behaviours
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
- The service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
We provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- A commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service in everything we do.
- A passion for encouraging open debate to resolve issues to improve our services to clients.
- A “no surprise” management culture in the delivery of “promises” & commitments within a full disclosure environment. Leaders will “walk the talk” not “talk the talk.
- Everyone has leadership responsibilities to be a positive role model, bringing enthusiasm into the working environment. You don’t need permission!
- A “no same mistake tolerant, no fear culture”.
- Respectful & professional in all interactions with clients, colleagues & external stakeholders.
- Harness the power of teamwork – but not as an abdication of individual accountability.
- Working within cross-functional teams with no silo mentality
- Our meetings will be decision or idea focused with clear outcomes and/or solutions.
- A passion for health, safety, wellbeing, and the environment underpinned by our policies.
While we remain Legal, Ethical and Credible
3 things you should know about us
- We’re local and we’re national. We have 6 national offices and offer direct support to people in around 300 independent local Citizens Advice services across England and Wales.
- We’re here for everyone. Our advice helps people solve problems and our advocacy helps fix problems in society. Whatever the problem, we won’t turn people away.
- We’re listened to – and we make a difference. Our trusted brand and the quality of our research mean we make a real impact on behalf of the people who rely on us
For further information, visit our website.