How to Apply
Eligibility for Fellowship
- The applicant must satisfy the appropriate entry condition for their type of training placement, i.e:
- Pupillage (England & Wales) – passed (or expected to pass by 1st October) the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
- Training Contract (England & Wales) – passed the Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- Training Contract (Scotland) – passed the Diploma in Legal Practice/Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (DLP)
- Training Contract (Northern Ireland) – graduated with a recognised law degree and be eligible to apply for September (of the following year) admission to the Solicitors apprenticeship scheme at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies (Queen’s University Belfast)
Note: any or all of these types of training placement may be available in any given year.
- The applicant must be willing and able to commit to serving a two-year term as a Fellow commencing in the January following their application
- The applicant must have a demonstrated commitment to social welfare law. We are particularly interested in students who wish to effect change in the legal community, such as members of public interest and/or pro bono organisations on campus and those who have dedicated time to serving low-income or less privileged communities either during or prior to law school
Please complete the online application form with your contact information and responses to each question. Once completed and submitted your application will be acknowledged with an automatic receipt to your email address.